The Saghro, or Djebel Sahrho is an arid mountain range located south of the High Atlas. It is bordered to the north by the Dades Valley, going through the Thousand Kasbahs road (rammed earth bastions), and to the south by the Valley of Draa and Tazarine (a mountain known for its minerals such as silver, copper and lead).
The Saghro offers an original relief and is composed of a series of rocks sculpted plateaus separated by small canyons and bigger valleys offering a great and beautiful multicolour panorama.
On arrival in Marrakech we will proceed with a transfer to Ouarzazate before going to the Valley of Roses. Towards Tagdlite we will meet with the team and will go for a 45 minutes walk to end up at the campsite for the night. On the next day we will go through the north slope of the Saghro to reach Almou N’Oureng at 2200m high. Then we will walk up for another 300 m to the summit of Kwawch and go down to Igli to admire its particular and beautiful rock formation looking like a camel back and moon land. We will continue along a path on the slope of the mountain leading us to the Valley of Aforrer where we will have lunch before going to the campsite of Bab N Ali, through the deep canyons.
We will spend the last day in the Valley of Safsaf, meet with the inhabitants of small villages, share with them the traditional tea in their homes and discover the magnificent local architecture. After which we will go back to the camp. On the following day we will have a short walk to the meeting point from where we will be transferred through the valley of Dra to reach Ouarzazate for lunch before ending in Marrakech for the night at our Riad.
This journey in the Saghro Mountain offers a different view of our mountains and gives you the opportunity to spend real time with its local people.
- Code travel: CTM0515 (arrival in Marrakech)
- Date travel: October & November & December & January & February & March & April
- Level travel: Medium
- Accommodation: 02 nights Celia Riad in Marrakech 05 nights camping
- Transport: ARAHAL tours : tourist agency of transport.
- Included meals: 07 Breakfast, 06 Lunch, 05 Dinner.
- Price: From 900 Euros
- Local team: Moroccan guide & Cooker, muleteers and driver.
- 01 day: Arrival at Marrakech and transfer to Riad.
- 02 day: Driving from marrakech towards anti Atlas via tichka pass about 2260m then meet our team in Tagdilte lodging about 1600M.
- 03 day: Will be starting our hiking from tagdilte up to Iferd 2300 M Approx 5-6 hrs overnight in the camp.
- 04 day: From Iferd we will be beginning on wonderful landscape of the rock shape to Iwraghen 1900 m, with beautiful Kwawch ascend 2600 the highest peak in Anti Atlas,Approx 6-5 hrs.
- 05 day: From Iwraghen will be following down with riverbed towards Bab-n-Ali 1560m with wonderful landscape along the valley,Approx 5-6 hrs.
- 06 day: Hiking down a along the valley from Bab-n- ali to great Handour village 1100m ,Approx 5-6 hrs.
- 07 day: Transfer back to Marrakech about 7 hrs.
- 08 day: Transfer back to the airport.
- Explore the Imperial city of Marrakech.
- Trek through the dramatic landscapes of Jebel Saghro.
- Discover the warm hospitality of the Berber people.