The south of Morocco is like a theatre play in which each region has a different role. The former imperial city of Marrakech, known as “The ochre city”, with its old town and its 12th century monuments, will be our departure point.
We will then head out to Ouarzazate, the capital of cinema, before going to Ksar Aït Ben Haddou. Aït Ben Haddou’s spellbiding architecture -typical of southern Morocco- has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1987 and several films have been shot there. We will continue through the magnificent Dades and Togdha gorges before reaching the Merzouga Dunes, and discovering Erg Chebbi, the biggest erg in Morocco.
Our journey will then take us to the birthplace of the Saadian dynasty: the Draa Valley. You will discover its breathtaking landscapes along the famous caravan route taken by the traders who used to come from Africa. After crossing the large Chegaga Dunes, we will get to the gateway to the Foum Zguid desert and head to the enchanting Taroudante. On our way back to Marrakech, we will be going through the Atlas and the pass of Tizi-n-Test, with its unforgettable natural scenery.
This is an 8 days trip that can be extended to 10 or 12 days. Not only will this 4X4 road trip allow you to have a glimpse of different regions, but as we will have 2 hour rambles every day, you will also get the opportunity to walk along lovely peaceful paths and through picturesque villages where you will share unforgettable moments with people.
- Code travel: CTM 0915 (arrival in Marrakech )
- Date travel: February & March& April &May & October & November & December.
- Level travel: Easy
- Accommodation: 02 nights celia riad in Marrakech,01 night Riad in Taroudant,04 nights camping.
- Transport: ARAHAL tours : tourist agency of transport.
- Included meals: 07 breakfast, 06 Lunch, 05 Dinner.
- Price: From 900 Euros
- Local team: professional tour leader & Cooker & driver
- 01 day: Arrival and transfer to Riad at Marrkech.
- 02 day: Leaving Marrakech in the morning towards Skoura via one of the UNESCO heritage ksar Ait Ben Haddoo.
- 03 day: After breakfast driving towards differnt landscape with Rose valley and todgha gorge until Merzouga dunes over night at the camp.
- 04 day: After the great sun raise in Merzouga will be continue zigzagging between dunes to Zagora over night at the camp.
- 05 day: Driving from Zagora towards marvellous Erg Elghoul over night at the camp.
- 06 day: Leaving the wonderful desert Erg elghoul to Taroudant over night at the hotel.
- 07 day: Driving from Taroudant back to red city Marrakech .
- 08 day: Transfer back to airport .
- Explore the fascinating Medina and Djemaa Elfna.
- Kasbahs & ksours of oasis villages.
- Camels & camping in the great Sahara.